- On-site property visits
- Salient fact identification
- Tenant profiling
- Assumable debt overview and evaluation
- Demographic analysis
- Zoning research
- Surrounding residential and commercial development detection
- Local economic studies reports
- Municipal tax assessment research
- Comparable property information
- Analysis of physical characteristics
- Highest and best use valuation modeling
- Audit of operating expenses (including taxes, betterments, etc.)
Comparable Property Information
Calkain offers its clients the opportunity to delve into the economic and geographic similarities between assets that are parallel in nature to the property they are currently evaluating. The comprehensive net lease database that Calkain houses, provides information that is vital to a purchaser or seller in order to reference the current real estate market trends.
Whether you are considering a redevelopment project with a potential new tenant or renegotiating an existing lease, Calkain has the experience and market knowledge to ensure operating lease sustainability while growing long term asset value and overall marketability. Calkain Site Services will review market rental rates, national concept lease rates and terms, as well as concept cap rate trends and local market pricing to provide a landlord with the most up to date and accurate information while discussing lease terms or purchase options. For more information, please contact one of our professionals toaday.
Maximizing portfolio wealth requires a periodic examination of each net lease asset to identify issues involving:
- changes to the physical characteristics of the property
- recent trends within the surrounding market
- a confirmation that the tenant is performing as stipulated within the lease document
- lease negotiations and re-tenancy consulting
Calkain can develop plans for implementing a proactive approach to managing a client’s portfolio centered around long term strategies for utmost performance. Given the passive nature of most net lease properties, the obligation of routine maintenance and repairs often fall onto the tenant, however the attractive passivity often leaves those obligations unchecked. Calkain Site Services can serve as an extension of the landlord, fulfilling the roll of oversight, ensuring those obligations are properly being met in order to avoid expensive deferred maintenance upon lease termination. Calkain can further extend its services to provide day to day management for assets that may require landlord obligations, turning them into a truly passive (net lease) experience for our clientele.